Subject: Re: NetBSD2.0/sparc not ready for prime time?
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Pavel Cahyna <pavel.cahyna@st.cuni.cz>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/25/2005 16:15:43
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:09:07 -0500, der Mouse wrote:

> There is another limit, in that Sun labels have only 32 bits for
> partition size in sectors and only 8 partitions, which imposes a limit
> of 32GB usable space, unless you use RAW_PART - or unless you use my
> patches to increase the partition count, or use the Sun label for
> nothing but booting and use another label kept elsewhere for live
> operation (which latter I hear NetBSD/sparc does these days).

A bit off-topic, but did Sun do anything to address this limit? I can't
believe that Solaris has a limit of 4 GB per partition (isn't it actually
2 GB? 2^32 * 512 byte sector would give 2 GB). I am going to add a new
disk to a machine running Solaris 2.4 so I would like to know what the
limits are...

Thanks and bye	Pavel