Subject: Re: NetBSD2.0/sparc not ready for prime time?
To: Chris Clymer <chris@theconceited.com>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/08/2005 22:33:29
Chris Clymer said:

>I acquired a large stack of Solaris disks from a local university, and I've
>actually got a copy of SunOS 1.1.

SunOS 4.1.4:

ftp://ftp.rmkhome.com/pub/rmk/sunos414.iso.gz

And ALL the patches:

ftp://ftp.rmkhome.com/pub/rmk/sunos414-patch.tar.gz

>I actually installed Solaris8 on one of my SparcStation5's, I believe it was
>the only remotely current versions that would even run on that box.  I think
>originally it ran Solaris 2.6.1?  Suffice to say, its sister box which is
>running NBSD 2.0 is quite a bit more responsive.

I have an SS4/70 running Solaris 8. Only the necessary processes plus Apache2
and ipfilter: rkba.rmkhome.com.

I have an SS5/110 running NetBSD 1.5.4 as my main mailserver, DNS server, and
NTP server, and another SS5/110 running NetBSD 2.0.1.
--
Rick Kelly	rmk@rmkhome.com
		http://www.rmkhome.com/