Subject: Re: X a bit funny on new 2.0 install.
To: Matthieu Herrb <matthieu.herrb@laas.fr>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/05/2005 19:09:30
On Sat, 5 Feb 2005, Matthieu Herrb wrote:

> Ben Harris wrote:
>> In article <4201C0B7.88E8C1D0@bom.gov.au> you write:
>>> 4. Repeat key doesn't work. ie if you hold down a key
>>> it doesn't repeat. So I have to tap the key repeatedly.
>>
>> For some reason, setting the delay to any value other than 660 works, so
>> run
>> "xset r rate 661 25".  Alternatively, you can add a -ar1 option in
>> /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm/Xservers.  Mine says:
>>
>> :0 local /usr/X11R6/bin/XsunMono  -nolisten tcp -ar1 500
>
> This is probably caused by -DXKB_ALWAYS_USES_SOFT_REPEAT missing from the X
> server build CPPFLAGS.

Ah, yes.  Turning that on seems to solve the problem.  As far as I can
see, NetBSD.cf turns it on for all architectures, so I think I'll add it
to CPPFLAGS in src/x11/Xserver/xkb/Makefile.

--
Ben Harris                                                   <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
Portmaster, NetBSD/acorn26           <URL:http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/acorn26/>