Subject: Re: boot floppy disk2 trouble.
To: Paul (NCC/CS) <pts@bom.gov.au>
From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/31/2005 10:39:19
Just as another data point, I had to use a half-dozen brand new floppies
(probably not as brand new as I would have hoped) before I got a pair
that worked. This took several hours of experimenting. Plus, the
floppies passed fdformat without errors.

Floppies are not very reliable any more (if they ever were).

--
Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@twofifty.com