Subject: Re: Recommendation of Window Manager for SparcStation 5?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/24/2005 11:24:39
On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 12:39:37PM -0600, Jason Zhang wrote:
> Hi, I really want a elegant window manager for my sparcstation 5 in
> NetBSD 2.0. the bound is that the CPU is just 110MHz, Video card just
> support 8-bit color, and I only have a 2G disk in this sparc. I want
> to install FVWM or Xfce4, but dont know how they will effect my
> system.
>
> So can you recommend a lighweight, fast and elegant window manager for
> my SS5?

FVWM should be fine.  I haven't run Xfce4, but from what I've heard, it
would be worth a try.

I've had good luck with flwm (fast light window manager).  it is
extremely minimal, but runs acceptably on even my slowest (25MHz
decstation) hardware.

    The United States is the one true country.  The US is just.  The US
    is fair.  The US respects its citizens.  The US loves you.  We have
    always been at war against terrorism.