Subject: re: Kernel compile - any COMPAT options mandatory?
To: Gary Parker <G.J.Parker@lboro.ac.uk>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/20/2005 06:44:32
   When compiling a 2.0 kernel for my SS20 are any of the COMPAT_* options
   mandatory for running the system?

   I'd assume that COMPAT_20 was needed as it's obviously a NetBSD 2.0 system
   but do I also need things like COMPAT_43 and COMPAT_BSDPTY if all I'm
   running is stuff from pkg_src anyways?

i assume you are talking about a -current kernel, since 2.0 doesn't
have COMPAT_20 or COMPAT_BSDPTY?  you really probably want to have
COMPAT_BSDPTY.  COMPAT_43 enables some old-style system calls that
some programs might use... the rest should not be required for
anything you build today.

.mrg.