Subject: Re: SS20 SMP panic
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Tillman Hodgson <tillman@seekingfire.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/17/2005 13:10:46
On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 08:04:22PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 07:48:38AM -0600, Tillman Hodgson wrote:
> > I'm not sure what to make of the error messages. A memory error would
> > seem to be a different thing than a CPU problem, unless perhaps it's a
> > cache problem. In any case, if anyone can read the error messages well
> > enough to tell whether I ought to be pulling RAM sticks until the
> > problem goes away or swapping the CPUs out I'd be most appreciative :-)
>
> Hum, It's possible that those NMI are generated because of RAM ECC
> failing.

Ok, I'll start troubleshooting by pulling RAM.

I'v never played with RAM on a SS20 before ... is it paired or otherwise
in some sort of order than I should be careful of?

Thanks,

-T

--
"Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is opinion."
    -- Democritus, as quoted in _Lives of the Eminent Philosophers_