Subject: No console no screen diskless install
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthis Rouch <matthis@blueyonder.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/17/2005 18:13:35
Dear all, I am trying to install NetBSD on my SparcStation 5, through
the netBoot method, using as host my apple powerbook. I have a keyboard
to tell the sparcstation to netboot, but I need to know its MAC address
to set things up in the host's ethers and hosts files.
I know I could get a usb to serial cable, or a screen , but my goal is
to this without buying anything if possible.
So, my questions are:
1. is there any may to know the MAC address without a console/screen?
(would it be written inside or something?? ;)
2. Alternatively, is there a way to configure rarpd so that it will
take any MAC address and put an IP on it?

Thank you for any help!