Subject: Re: What device to use for modem on SparcStation 20?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/11/2005 10:01:21
>> SparcStation 20.

>> speed 115200

> I bumped into a similar problem, although with a Sparc Classic.
> Unless I am mistaken they use the same Zilog chips -- whose maximum
> speed is apparently 38400bps (see zstty(4)).

Actually, 76800, I think.  (And two nitpicks: (1) the chip itself is
capable of lots of different speeds, it's just that as used in Suns,
the clock feeding the baudrate generator constrains it; and (2) this is
all only if you run the chip in ÷16 mode; it does have a ÷1 mode, but
using it for input has a nasty tendency to produce framing errors.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign