Subject: What device to use for modem on SparcStation 20?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Dmitri Kondratiev <d_kondr@yahoo.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/11/2005 06:11:14
Hi,
I am trying to establish ppp conection from my
SparcStation 20. To test modem I followed the example
from the guide
(http://www.netbsd.org/guide/en/chap-net-practice.html#chap-net-practice-modem-testing):

[quote]
Create the file /etc/uucp/port with the following
lines:

type modem
port modem
device /dev/ttyB
speed 115200

Write the command cu -p modem to start sending
commands to the modem. For example:

# cu -p modem
[/quote]

I get "Connected." But when I try to input "ATZ" I get
i/o error. The same thing happens with ttypA ...

Question:
What device to use to access com port on
SparcStation20?
What should there be in:
/dev/tty?

I use external US Robotics modem (which works fine
with Linux PC) connected by 25M/25M cable to a single
port on my sparc. Could error result from a wrong
cable I use?

Thanks,
Dima