Subject: install netbsd on sparcstation 5 with limited resources
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: MATTHIS ROUCH <120580@soas.ac.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/05/2005 13:31:15
Hi, I have acquired a sun sparcstation5 and I would like to install netbsd =
on it, but the problem is that I have no keyboard/mouse nor screen for it=
. I guess I could try the network install, but I would need to know the M=
AC address (which I can't see because I have no screen, and have no seria=
l connection to see remotely, (I think)). There are no cdrom nor floppy i=
n my sparcstation either.

So, since I can write to the scsi disk, I thought the thing I could do was =
to write a small working netbsd system on it, compiled for sparc. The dis=
k is 2G and I have 64 Mb of RAM. I only want to use the sparcstation for =
a small http/ftp/pop server so I guess I don't need a huge system. Would =
it be possible to do such a thing, and does any such working disk images =
ready to be cloned exist?

Thank you for any help!