Subject: Rc5 snapshot sysinst auto accepts device names
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@college.dtcc.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/05/2004 22:34:11
	I tried to follow the sysinst thread but I'm not sure anyone else
is seeing this problem. Basically I boot disk 1, then I select floppy, it
ejects, but then auto accepts the device name without me typing anything
and tried to read from the empty drive and fails. There's no way out of
the loop. Session capture follows.

	If it's important, this is a SparcStation 5 connected via serial
console to a terminal server which I am connected to by telnet.

...more kernel booting messages...
qec0 at sbus0 slot 2 offset 0x20000: 128K memory
be0 at qec0 slot 0 offset 0x0 level 4 (ipl 7) rev 1 address
08:00:20:7c:09:cc
on-board transceiver at be0: 10baseT, 100baseTX, auto
cgsix0 at sbus0 slot 3 offset 0x0 level 9: SUNW,501-2325, 1024 x 768, rev
11
cgsix0: attached to /dev/fb
md0: internal 688 KB image area
scsibus0: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle...
sd0 at scsibus0 target 3 lun 0: <SEAGATE, ST39102LCSUN9.0G, 0828> disk
fixed
sd0: 8637 MB, 4926 cyl, 27 head, 133 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 17689267
sectors
sd0: sync (100.00ns offset 15), 8-bit (10.000MB/s) transfers, tagged
queueing
cd0 at scsibus0 target 6 lun 0: <TOSHIBA, XM-4101TASUNSLCD, 3424> cdrom
removable
cd0: async, 8-bit transfers
root on md0a dumps on md0b
WARNING: clock gained 23 days -- CHECK AND RESET THE DATE!
root file system type: ffs
Welcome to the NetBSD/sparc microroot setup utility.

We've just completed the first stage of a two-stage procedure to load a
fully functional NetBSD installation environment on your machine.  In the
second stage which is to follow now, a set of additional installation
utilities must be load from your NetBSD/sparc installation medium.

This procedure supports one of the following media:

1) cdrom
2) tape
3) floppy

Installation medium to load the additional utilities from: 3

Ejecting floppy disk
Remove the boot disk from the floppy station and insert the second disk of
the floppy installation set into the disk drive.

The question below allows you to specify the device name of the floppy
drive.  Usually, the default device will do just fine.
Floppy device to load the installation utilities from [/dev/rfd0a]:
Extracting installation utilities...
fd0: no medium?
gzip: can't read stdin: Ifdc0: cannot clear disk change status
nvalid argument
tar: End of archive volume 1 reached
tar: Unexpected EOF on archive file
tar: Sorry, unable to determine archive format.
Ejecting floppy disk
fd0a: hard error reading fsbn 0
fd0: controller status: state 17 (st0 70<abnrml,seek_cmplt,drv_chck> cyl
0)