Subject: Re: sysinst problems
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Gerald Richter <glassman1@neonshadow.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/04/2004 15:11:47
I was gonna say, this is starting to sound like my biggest personal
problems with windows and mac... the OS saying "I'm smarter then you
owner, so i'm not gonna let you do it." Granted, 99% of the time this
honestly makes not a bit of difference, but sometimes - just sometimes I
need an expert knob so I can help the OS around some problem bit of
hardware that works most the time, except when it does something the
installer doesn't expect. :( Granted, that doesn't happen to involve
aparently borked disk labels, but still it's a similar pricipal... if we
need to have someone fork and build a sysinst-expert package then I
think someone should get to work on it, because obviously it seems
sysinst doesn't believe in having an expert knob.

Just my half a penny worth,
--Gerald