Subject: Re: sysinst problems
To: NetBSD Port Sparc <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/04/2004 16:50:41
In message <BDD78A40.13AB3%peter@boku.net>, Peter Eisch writes:
>Golly, NetBSD used to be fun -- a playground where geeks were cool.  Now
>it's becoming just another Windows/Linux...

This strikes me as a serious overreaction.

But... I have repeatedly wanted overlapping partitions, although in my case,
the main reason is very pragmatic:  If I'm repartitioning a disk, I may want
to leave an original partition alone while working with something else, and
while I very much appreciate a warning about the overlap, I would like the
option of going ahead and using a disk label with unusual properties.  A
particularly common thing for me is that, if I'm replacing one partition with
two, or otherwise reorganizing, I want the old partition there so I can
remember what size it was while I'm trying to put in the new ones.

-s