Subject: Magma 4sp weirdness (SS2 running 1.6)
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Michael-John Turner <mj@turner.org.za>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/25/2004 17:03:18
Hi all,

I'm experiencing some strange behaviour with a Magma 4sp in one of my SS2s.
When I connect a classic to port one of the Magma via a serial cable, run
minicom and then boot the classic, only the "PROM header" is printed (the
details of the Sun model, RAM size, hostid, etc), nothing else. The classic
continues booting up, but nothing more appears in minicom. The classic
serial port and the cable are known working, but not with the damn Magma.

Anyone using a Magma successfully? The SS2 is running NetBSD 1.6. I'd
really love to get it working as a console server (I have three Magmas all
waiting to be used).

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner      | http://mj.turner.org.za/