Subject: Re: sparc kernel (2.0_RCn) doesn't like -mcpu=v8?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Joachim Thiemann <jthiem@tsp.ece.mcgill.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/22/2004 09:34:03
On Monday 22 November 2004 04:36, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 12:25:59AM -0500, Joachim Thiemann wrote:
> > I have the options CFLAGS+=-mcpu=v8 -mtune=v8 -pipe and the same for
> > COPTS set in mk.conf.
>
> use CPUFLAGS for -mcpu=v8 -mtune=v8 and COPTS for -pipe.
>
> regards,

Thanks, I'm currently trying this.

(Specifically:
CPUFLAGS+=-mcpu=v8 -mtune=v8
COPTS+=-pipe
in mk.conf)

I will try Martin's suggestion of "-mv8 -tune=supersparc" next. (though I
should really use "-tune=turbosparc" :-)

that's the kernel used to generate the dmesg.  The next line after the hang
is the fdc.

uses -O2... I *think* it does, I seem to remember it.  However building
currently with the above options, -O2 does not appear on the command line.
Could it be that using CPUFLAGS overrides some other variable?

Hmmm.
Joe.