Subject: Re: Memory leaks
To: None <corti@informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>
From: Havard Eidnes <he@uninett.no>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/16/2004 17:30:47
> I've still got severe memory leaks with NetBSD on a SMP SS10
> with 320MB of RAM. The machine is only running as a mail server
> with Postfix as the MTA.  The current kernel is 2.0_RC4, and in
> my opinion the problem got much worse than with previous
> releases. I still have to reboot the machine once a day
> otherwise it will stop with errors such as "out of buffer
> space" and the like. vmstat -m reports about 10MB allocated and
> will grow up to nearly 70MB without ever decreasing. This
> kernel is definitely *NOT* a release candidate!  For more
> details please look at my previous postings to this group.

It would probably/hopefully help if you logged this as a formal
problem report.

Please make sure to include in the problem report the output from
"vmstat -m" on a fresh boot and after a day's operation.

Alternatively, if you don't want to log a formal problem report,
at least include those two outputs in a reply to this message.

Hopefully that will help narrow down the problem somewhat (it's
probably not sufficient to find the bug, but it'll hopefully
bring us a little closer).

Please also include the dmesg from your system.

Regards,

- H=E5vard