Subject: Re: How to silence a SparcStation?
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Hattemer <c.hattemer@arcor.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/28/2004 17:07:20
Hi,

I've had a look at http://www.memoryx.net/3001279.html
Seems they have fairly proud prices for Sun stuff. Costs for shipping
and customs would still have to be added. On eBay you get complete
systems for that price, although without warranty.

Both options don't make statments about the noise level, so it seems I
have to replace the fans myself.

Any hints about how much airflow I need? I'm not sure if I can find specs
of the currently used fans.

For a start I guess that I have to remove the two screws at the back to get
the PSU out and then the two ones on top to open it?

Bye, Chris

Arcor-DSL: jetzt ohne Einrichtungspreis einsteigen oder wechseln
Sie sparen 99,95 Euro. Arcor-DSL ist in vielen Anschlussgebieten
verf=FCgbar. http://www.arcor.de/home/redir.php/emf-dsl-1