Subject: Re: SS2 and 2.0
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/27/2004 12:48:23
On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 05:25:36PM -0600, Rick Kelly wrote:
> Manuel Bouyer said:
>
> >No, only a few days. A sun 3/60 builds (without X) in less than a week.
>
> Soon, I'm going to see if I can get a sun 3/50 with 12 megs of memory to
> boot 2.0, and then build 2.0. :-)

My vax has 12M and runs 2.0, but it's very short. It's diskless, with a
minimal kernel.

> Do you know how to shut off tagged queueing on sparc boxes? I have various
> Quantum disks that don't seem to like it.

man 4 esp:
CONFIGURATION
     The esp driver supports the following flags for use in config(8) files:

     bits 0-7:   disable disconnect/reselect for the corresponding SCSI target
     bits 8-15:  disable synchronous negotiation for SCSI target

     "Target" is synonymous with SCSI ID number.

     Note that SCSI tape drives should be allowed to perform disconnect/rese-
     lect or performance will suffer.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>