Subject: Re: SS2 and 2.0
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Olev <hannula@gmail.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/26/2004 21:34:06
On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 16:42:19 +0100 (BST), David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org> wrote:
> >> An SS2 with 128 megs is slower than 64 megs, since the memory card is sending
> >> data over the sbus.

>         NetBSD supports the concept of different memory priorities,
>         so it would be simple to make the system prefer the fast
>         64MB over the slower 64MB.

Damn, seems that my last message got lost in the fantastic internet
... so I post again.

Well I searched the sun documantation pages and this is what I found
"The SPARCstation 2 memory boards occupy one SBus slot physically, but
they are not SBus devices because they receive their DRAM control
signals from the main-logic board on a path different from that of the
SBus." So there is no fast and slow 64MB, it does not use sbus as Rick
Kelly said.

For more information read http://docs.sun.com/source/800-6058-12/BN.chap1.html

Olev