Subject: TCX FB Support in NetBSD 2.0
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Mohr <robmohr@charter.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/18/2004 20:45:53
I've been looking through mailing list archives, and the NetBSD SPARC port
web pages; however I have not been able to determine what level of support
for the TCX framebuffer now exists in NetBSD 2.0.

The only reference I found on the web site
(http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/sparc/hardware.html) indicated "kernel support
limited to cgthree emulation".  Is this still the case in 2.0?  I've found
several posts archived that indicated that some work was being done to
extend the support for the TCX card in the 2.0 release.  Did this not get
incorporated?

I am currently running RC3, and am using Xsun24 to launch X.  Running
xwininfo and clicking on the root window yields the following information:

1152 x 900
8 bit

Please let me know how to enable higher color depth support in X if it is in
fact supported in the driver now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Rob Mohr