Subject: re: Mixing port-sparc on 32 and 64 bit hardware
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/12/2004 17:54:50
   On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 04:37:45PM +0100, Christian Smith wrote:
   > Now, my question is, will the sparc64 bootloader work with sparc?

   I don't quite understand. The bootloader and kernel have to match your
   hardware - if you run on a ultra sparc, you need the sparc64 bootloader
   and a sparc64 kernel (which the sparc GENERIC_SUN4U is a variant of).

additionally, both 32 and 64 bit sparc variants include this loader,
(bootblk + ofwboot) and both of them allow loading 32 *and* 64 bit
kernels.  so you only need to worry about one of these and not what
bitsize it is...

.mrg.