Subject: Re: What are you using port-sparc for?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Michael-John Turner <mj@turner.org.za>
List: port-sparc
Date: 10/10/2004 19:07:20
>> Just an informal poll here...I just setup NetBSD 1.6.2 on my ss20
>> and am having fun setting it up. I'm curious what others are using
>> it for on this hardware...

I have two NetBSD sparcs at home:
(o) SS2 w/64M, Magma 4 port serial, 2G DAT tape and 2.5G SCSI:
    home DNS, dhcp, WINS, etc
(o) Classic w/96M, 2G SCSI: mail server, backup DNS and WINS

I have another SS2 that's in need of a new PROM (anyone got
one they wanna throw my way? :)  Once I have it up and running
properly, I'll install NetBSD on it.

I also have an Ultra 1/170E that I use as my workstation (yeah!
64-bit mid-90's style). It's currently running Solaris 9 due to
NetBSD's poor support for my Creator3D.

I'd still love to get an SMP SS20 - first sparc I ever admined was
a dual SS20 with a big external array. Can't remember the details
of the CPUs, but it was a cool machine :)

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner      | http://mj.turner.org.za/
mj@debian.org            | Open Source in WC ZA - http://www.clug.org.za/