Subject: Re: What are you using port-sparc for?
To: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/30/2004 16:04:39
Heh.

People seem to look at me as though I am nuts when I say that my
very first computer that I owned was a SS IPX.

FanTAStic little box.  I remember unpacking a bunch of them when they
first came in.  The box the documentation (never mind the MONITOR)
came in was larger than the box the computer came in.

The IPX and the SS5/20 are, without a doubt, the BEST physical
engineering feats that Sun has pulled off.  You can even replace the
floopy with a second HD in the IPX.  I'll give third place to the ELC
(which was somewhere between a 1+ and a 2).  ELCs made great print
servers if you added a small disk and booted them from the net.

				--*greywolf;
--
Microsoft:  Living proof that Borg screw Ferengi.