Subject: Re: [OT] IPX - Favourite SPARC? Re: What are you using port-sparc
To: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.org.uk>
From: Geoff Blake <geoff@palaemon.co.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/30/2004 16:52:52
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Julian Coleman wrote:

> > I detect very little sentiment towards SS10/20 etc. But IPX seem to have a
> > place in a lot of people's hearts. Or maybe I'm just sad.
>
> Yah - the IPC/IPX is a neat little box.  And with the stand, it's a nice
> size.  Having a Sparc 5 board in one is good too ;-)
>
> I don't think that much of the 10, but the 20 is a nice machine.  And at #10
> each, how can you resist?

Hmm, yes the IPC/IPX are pretty cute, so is the LX, which I have running
here as the local FTP/www server. I have another LX which will soon be the
local firewall/router.

I also have a (small) pile of IPC's which are being slowly being consumed
as donor machines for parts for other sparc hardware.

For the family (users) facing machines I have a couple of Ultra 1's and a
dual processor SS10 as well as the usual smattering of i86 machines
running Linux and (sigh) Windows.

Guess which OS causes the most hassle :-(

Geoff
--
    Geoff Blake	              Please reply to:		Using Linux on
    Chelmsford		geoff (a) palaemon . co . uk	Intel & NetBSD

    This  E-mail  and any attachment(s) is strictly confidential and is
    intended solely for the  addressee(s). If you are  not the intended
    recipient please notify <postmaster@palaemon.co.uk>  and the sender
    by return and permanently delete the message. You may not disclose,
    forward or copy this E-mail or any attachment(s) to any third party
    without the prior consent of the sender.