Subject: Re: What are you using port-sparc for?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/30/2004 22:38:50
On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 02:39:19PM -0700, Michael Wolfson wrote:
> I use a Classic as my backup mail server.  It's small, quiet, and
> draws much less wattage than a SS20.

I measured my SS2 router at 29W (with fairly power hungry fujitsu HD)
and my SS5 (ex-)desktop (also with old HD) at 40W.

> Perfectly adequate for the task (including spamasassassin since I
> don't mind the 30 second delivery delay as it processes each message).

my dual 50MHz SS20 running spamassassin 2.64 with perl 5.8.4 adds 50-60
seconds latency per message.  thanks to postfix, this is doable.

  "someday the industry will have throbbing frontal lobes and will be able
  to write provably correct software.  also, I want a pony." -- Zach Brown