Subject: Re: What are you using port-sparc for?
To: R. Tyler Ballance <tyler@ekkobsd.org>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/28/2004 18:40:49
R. Tyler Ballance said:

>I bought my Ultra2 (2x170Mhz,512MB RAM, 2z4.3GB SCSI HD) on eBay for $71 ($96
>after shipping) _from_ anysystems.com
>
>They sell some of their "Ugly Ducklings" on eBay to introduce potential buyers
>to them, that being said, if I were in the market for an older, but not
>ancient used Sun, they'd get my business

When you buy "Ugly Ducklings" from the website they seem to throw in whatever
they have.

I ordered a U1, 170mhz, 256MB, 2 4gig drives. They shipped me a U1 200E
creator with 512MB, HME, 2 9gig wide drives, etc for $195 with free
shipping.

>I even got a little squeezable duckie ^_^

I have a few of those duckies.

>I'd recommend looking through their eBay store before their own e-store

The problem is that ebay/paypal doesn't believe in consumer privacy.

And the frequent spam/scam mail that I see with ebay.com and paypal.com has
caused me to completely block them from my domain.
--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com