Subject: Re: What are you using port-sparc for?
To: None <rmk@rmkhome.com>
From: R. Tyler Ballance <tyler@ekkobsd.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/28/2004 17:15:10
> >P.S. I know running NetBSD makes one automatically some sort
> >      of BDSM fetishist, but I just have to laugh reading all
> >      these "I've got an SS2" or "I've got an IPX" postings,
> >      given that bare-bones SS20's (with CPU and 64 MB RAM)
> >      are going for US $19.00 "Buy It Now" prices on eBay ...
> >      c'mon, splurge a little folks ;)
>
> Personally, I would never have anything to do with ebay or paypal. I've
> known too many people who bought "smoking ruins" from ebay or had financial
> problems with paypal.
>
> I buy Ultra systems from www.anysystem.com. An example would be an
> Ultra 1 with 256MB, 2 4g disks, cdrom, etc for $195 US, which
> includes a full one year warranty on all parts.

I bought my Ultra2 (2x170Mhz,512MB RAM, 2z4.3GB SCSI HD) on eBay for $71 ($96
after shipping) _from_ anysystems.com

They sell some of their "Ugly Ducklings" on eBay to introduce potential buyers
to them, that being said, if I were in the market for an older, but not
ancient used Sun, they'd get my business

I even got a little squeezable duckie ^_^

I'd recommend looking through their eBay store before their own e-store