Subject: Re: What are you using port-sparc for?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Mykel <Mykel@mWare.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/28/2004 15:42:10
Sean McKay wrote:

>Just an informal poll here...I just setup NetBSD 1.6.2 on my ss20 and
>am having fun setting it up. I'm curious what others are using it for
>on this hardware...I've got 320MB of RAM and and decent HD -- it seems
>a bit slow though. I'm going to put some web pages up on it and see
>what kind of performance I can pull out of it...

mWtNet - mWare.ca IRC network, proudly hosting the
closest-to-being-official IRC channel for UFies (that is...
ars.Userfriendly.org members - http://Sporks.Site.mWare.ca/)

irc://irc.mWare.ca/

There is a #BSD channel on there too, but I don't think any of us have
said anything in the past 2 monthes. You're all welcome to use it, but
no bots please. Lurking is okay.

ottawa1 is an IPX w/48MB RAM
ottawa0 is an SS5 w/64MB RAM
dallas1 is running in a Gentoo UML

The Axil210 I talked about here early will probably be another Ottawa node

I also have an Ultra2 (300MHz, 512MB, 18GB) w/fBSD 5.2 SNAP(June14)
which I'm going to load fBSD 5.3B5 on later, but if the stability isn't
there (which is hasn't)... I'll probably switch to fBSD. It'll become a
PostGres & MySQL (ugh) server.

Myke