Subject: Re: What are you using port-sparc for?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Rui Paulo <phlox-netbsd-sparc@fnop.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/28/2004 11:17:50
On 2004.09.27 11:05:54 +0000, Sean McKay wrote:
> Just an informal poll here...I just setup NetBSD 1.6.2 on my ss20 and
> am having fun setting it up. I'm curious what others are using it for
> on this hardware...I've got 320MB of RAM and and decent HD -- it seems
> a bit slow though. I'm going to put some web pages up on it and see
> what kind of performance I can pull out of it...
Internal gateway and NetBSD SMP testing.
I have 2 le cards and 2 SM50 CPUs (50mhz each, no external cache)

This machine is just fine for me, except that the power supply coolers
make some irritating noise :)

--
Rui Paulo                          "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
                                      -- Leonardo da Vinci