Subject: Re: What are you using port-sparc for?
To: Sean McKay <sean.mckay@gmail.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/27/2004 22:18:03
On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 11:05:54AM -0700, Sean McKay wrote:
> Just an informal poll here...I just setup NetBSD 1.6.2 on my ss20 and
> am having fun setting it up. I'm curious what others are using it for
> on this hardware...

At home I've one as ADSL router/web server/SMTP MX/NFS server, and a few other
things (reading news from my ISP's server when I'm at work for example :)

At work they're used as ssh relays, and also to run old SunOS 4 binaries
on a modern system :)

>I've got 320MB of RAM and and decent HD -- it seems
> a bit slow though. I'm going to put some web pages up on it and see
> what kind of performance I can pull out of it...

The raw power isn't that great by today's standards, but they're real
workhorses.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>