Subject: Re: Using distcc to distribute compiles amidst i386 & sparc to speed compiles
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: phlox <phlox-netbsd-sparc@fnop.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/20/2004 12:46:25
On 2004.09.20 00:22:44 +0000, Sean McKay wrote:
> Anyone using distcc to distribute compiles amidst dissimilar hardware?
> I'm looking to speed up compiles for my sparcstation 20 with a i386
> box running NetBSD.
You can't do that since your compiler will produce i386 assembly code, which is
not what you want. If you're building src/, you could simply use the cross build
framework. Distccd should be used only for machines with the same microprocessor
arquitecture and the same compiler.
--
Rui Paulo                          "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
                                      -- Leonardo da Vinci