Subject: Re: Installing Ross hypersparcs in a SS10
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Tillman Hodgson <tillman@seekingfire.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/19/2004 08:34:20
On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 08:16:44AM +0930, Brett Lymn wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 03:06:10PM +0100, Gary Parker wrote:
> >
> > cpu0: 512K byte write-back, 32 bytes/line, sw flush: cache enabled
> >

> This means your cpu(s) have cache.

Very interesting. I finally got my dual Hypersparcs going, which my
initial investigations of the model number (through Google) lead me to
believe were cache-less. dmesg shows:

cpu0 at mainbus0: mid 8: RT620/625 @ 90 MHz, on-chip FPU
cpu0: 256K byte write-back, 64 bytes/line, sw flush: cache enabled
cpu1 at mainbus0: mid 10: RT620/625 @ 90 MHz, on-chip FPU
cpu1: 256K byte write-back, 64 bytes/line, sw flush: cache enabled

So apparently my CPUs have cache working as well.

Over-all, I'm very happy with the performance of the SS10. To pick up
the speed of builds I might add a second hard-drive as /usr/src, but
that might be over-kill as the only service this box provides to my
network is acting as a KDC. Running builds is basically just
entertainment ;-)

-T

--
"Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is opinion."
    -- Democritus, as quoted in _Lives of the Eminent Philosophers_