Subject: Re: Unable to build GENERIC
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Tillman Hodgson <tillman@seekingfire.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/03/2004 10:55:55
On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 11:40:31AM +0200, Wouter Klouwen wrote:
> In situation 2, it is very likely that your `config' is out of sync with
> your config file, and will crap out while parsing, often on bogus errs. Here
> you will want build.sh.

Ah, that makes sense. I retrieved the netbsd-2-0 src and tried again
with build.sh.

[root@surya /usr/src]# time ./build.sh tools kernel=SURYA
<snip>
real    588m37.399s
user    476m0.142s
sys     92m27.577s

total memory = 127 MB
avail memory = 120 MB
cpu0 at mainbus0: TMS390Z50 v0 or TMS390Z55 @ 36 MHz, on-chip FPU
cpu0: physical 20K instruction (64 b/l), 16K data (32 b/l): cache enabled

Not the speediest box, but it did indeed build ;-)

Once my ver2.25 boot prom arrives I'll try it again with the dual
hypersparc 90s, and then I can look at following -current.

Thanks,

-T

--
Page 356: Part of the charm of Unix is, all of a sudden, having a great
insight and saying to yourself, "So THAT's why they did it that way."