Subject: Building mt-krb5 on SS10 - configrue fails (works on other archs)
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Tillman Hodgson <tillman@seekingfire.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/23/2004 13:43:32
Howdy folks,

I run a kerberos environment across several OSes and architectures
(including NetBSD on sgimips), using MIT rather than Heimdal. Recently,
I tried to build mit-krb5 from pkgsrc and had it fail out:

checking for ut_type in struct utmpx... yes
checking for ut_exit in struct utmpx... yes
checking for working ut_exit.e_exit in struct utmpx
checking for ut_exit.__e_exit in struct utmpx... no
checking for ut_exit.ut_e_exit in struct utmpx... no
checking for ut_exit.ut_exit in struct utmpx... no
checking for ut_exit.e_exit in struct utmpx... yes
working ut_exit.e_exit in utmpx is e_exit
checking consistency of sysV-ish utmp API... not ok
configure: error: have setutent but no ut_id, ut_type, or ut_pid in utmp
configure: error: /bin/sh './configure' failed for util/pty
*** Error code 1
Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/security/mit-krb5
*** Error code 1
Stop.

# uname -a
NetBSD surya.seekingfire.prv 2.0_BETA NetBSD 2.0_BETA (GENERIC) #0: Thu Aug 19 00:40:38 CDT 2004 root@smedley.mrynet.com:/tiny/obj/sparc-2-0/sys/arch/sparc/compile/GENERIC sparc

security/mit-krb5 does build correctly on my SGI O2 (running NetBSD
2.0G).

Is this a known problem? Any suggestions for how to work around it? I
see a few posts (found in groups.google.com) from around February of
this year, but nothing that actually mentioned anything as exciting as a
solution ;-)

-T

--
Yea, tho I walk thru the valley of the shadow of clues, I shall fear no
luser, for Thou lart with me, Thy chicken and Thy manual, they comfort