Subject: Re: MP unstable on 2.0?
To: Gary Parker <G.J.Parker@lboro.ac.uk>
From: Christopher SEKIYA <wileyc@rezrov.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/05/2004 20:27:52
On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 11:43:46AM +0100, Gary Parker wrote:

> Yeah, up until recently Craig Dewick ran a good web page at:
> http://lios.apana.org.au/~cdewick/data/bootroms.htmldetailing
> all sorts of different OBP versions for different Sun hardware but I'm
> getting 403 off it now (it was working up until 2 weeks ago at most).

I managed to mirror most of the ROMs at http://www.rezrov.net/bootroms

I'd be most interested in adding 2.25R.  Anyone? :)

> I've tried running 'installboot /dev/sd0a /usr/mdec/bootxx /boot' as
> described in the installboot manpage (yes, /dev/sd0a is my root file system)
> but this complains that the device is busy (same result in single user
> mode).

Your best bet is to execute the installboot manually.  Boot the installation
media, load the supplimental install tools, exit to a shell prompt, and
run installboot (after mounting sd0a to /mnt).  That should do the trick.

-- Chris
	GPG key FEB9DE7F (91AF 4534 4529 4BCC 31A5  938E 023E EEFB FEB9 DE7F)