Subject: Re: SS20 NetBSD kiosk?
To: <>
From: Sean Hafeez <sahafeez@zaphodb.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/03/2004 11:04:27
On Aug 3, 2004, at 10:47 AM, der Mouse wrote:

> I understand that the dual hypersparcs are supported in 2.0, but I'm
> unsure about the onboard cg14 graphics.

For what value of "supported"?  My 20-with-cg14 certainly works, in
that I have X running with both 8bpp and 24bpp windows; the technology
exists.  Last I heard, NetBSD's X on SPARC hadn't picked it up, though.
(And not even my code uses the acceleration that I understand the cg14
has, because I have no documentation on it.)

Do you have a 8MB or 4MB VSIMM. I have not been able to get it past
8bpp with a 4MB VSIMM. (Yes I have read the faq!) Solairs and CDE will
run it at 24bpp but running anything else (including the Sun installed
Gnome) will be in 8bpp.

I am waiting for 2.0 to get a little more mature before I install it. I
have 4x100 HyperSPARCs which means I have a choice of running, Solairs,
Solairs and Solaris. (2.0 is beta so..)

Thanks,
Sean