Subject: Tadpole SPARCbook 3GX advice sought
From: Sean Davis <erplefoo@gmail.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/01/2004 23:30:57
Hi, this might be a bit off topic (then again, perhaps not, since they
run NetBSD :) but I've got two SB3GX's here, and the battery packs,
well, leave something to be desired. Has anyone on the list
successfully built a new battery pack for a sparcbook 3gx? I don't
think it should be too complicated, but if someone has already done
it, I would really love to get instructions on how best to go about
it. If I have to just find the right batteries to buy and duct tape it
together, thats fine, as long as it gets me more battery life than the
very small amount I can get out of the packs in the sparcbooks I have
;-)

Also: can anyone offer any advice on how to keep these damn things
from overheating? they don't seem to overheat if I take out the
battery and run them off line power, but running X on them (they run
2.0_BETA) is a very easy way to overheat them in a short amount of
time. I've read that keeping them up on the little stands that flip
out from the bottom helps, and it does, but not by much.

--
Sean