Subject: Re: default slice sizes
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/30/2004 17:40:03
>> I don't think it calculates anything at all - when i first dealt
>> with NetBSD install (on Vax)
> Hey, cool! You've got a VAX?

Yeah, Blaz has a VAX.  Pretty good at working with it, too. :-)

>> use one root and one swap partition (in addition to wholedisk
>> slice).
> Oh please!  You do not really want to have your entire system live in
> one partition.

Why not?

I've heard a lot of reasons given in answer to that question, and for a
lot of single-user machines (though certainly not all), they don't
really apply - and certainly don't outweigh the benefits of going with
a single-partition scheme.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign