Subject: Re: Newbie pkgsrc PATH Related Question
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Joachim Thiemann <Joachim.Thiemann@USherbrooke.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/29/2004 13:49:34
>Rebuilding then will rebuild your whole system with the right
>optimizations for your compiler & target cpu. If I'm not mistaken,
>and you want to squeeze out the last of performance, should probably
>update the compiler (that is, not use the one from 1-6 but the one
>from -current / 2-0). With your whole base system being optimized
>for your CPU, you don't have to bother how to replace base-system stuff
>by pkgsrc stuff.

If anyone is interested, my (slow, 85Mhz SS4 with 32Megs) is currently
in the process of building 2.0_BETA with the cpuflags. (That is,
-mcpu=supersparc)  I expect it to finish (if everything goes well)
sometime tomorrow, I can make the resulting install files availiable, if
anyone wants...

The source is from anoncvs updated monday, possibly tuesday, I think.
Yes, it's been going for 2 days now...

Joachim.