Subject: Re: Newbie pkgsrc PATH Related Question
To: None <chris.wareham@eu.fkilogistex.com>
From: Martin S. Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/29/2004 18:49:15
On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 06:29:58PM +0200, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 05:14:20PM +0100, Chris Wareham wrote:
> > Failing that, rather than installing from pkgsrc, you could recompile
> > just the OpenSSL libraries from the NetBSD sources. If you create a
> > file called /etc/mk.conf beforehand, and add a CFLAGS entry that
> > includes the Sparc V7 optimisation flags, then you should be able to
> > install optimised libraries into the base system. (Thinking about it,
> > you've probably already created an /etc/mk.conf file to build
> > optimised libraries from pkgsrc).
>
> s/CFLAGS/CPUFLAGS/

s|add CFLAGS|install devel/cpuflags and add .sinclude .. as said in
the cpuflags(1) manpage| :)

Rebuilding then will rebuild your whole system with the right
optimizations for your compiler & target cpu. If I'm not mistaken,
and you want to squeeze out the last of performance, should probably
update the compiler (that is, not use the one from 1-6 but the one
from -current / 2-0). With your whole base system being optimized
for your CPU, you don't have to bother how to replace base-system stuff
by pkgsrc stuff.

Hth, too :)

Regards

-Martin