Subject: Re: dual interface question
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/25/2004 12:33:45
> I have a SS5 running 1.6ZE.  It has 2 interfaces, le0 and hme0.
>
> Regardless of the setting of the eeprom var "local-mac-address?"
> both interfaces have the same MAC address.  (In case you could not
> tell, this is not the desired effect in my case.)
>
> Is this a known problem at this particular point of the -current
> tree?

Support for this for sparc & sparc64 appeared after 1.6ZE but before
the 2.0 branch. It should work for any network device that supports
the "local-mac-address" in its device node.

If your hme hardware has a pre-assigned vendor mac address, it should
provide the "local-mac-address" attribute automatically. Otherwise,
you have to create the attribute yourself using some Forth code that
has already appeared in this thread.

-pk