Subject: Axil 210...
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Mykel <Mykel@mWare.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/22/2004 13:07:36
I'm starting to think I can't use this piece of hardware for anything :(
(I was planning on using it as a small IRC node)

NetBSD 1.6.2 starts booting, but then hangs... I'll type up what I get
on my console (I've already replaced & reprogrammed the IDprom)

[LOGO] HWS-S210, Type 4 Keyboard
[LOGO] ROM Rev. 2.4, 32MB memory installed, Serial #11189246.
[LOGO] Ethernet address 8:0:20:aa:bb:fe, Host ID: 55aabbfe.

Rebooting with command: cdrom
Boot device:  /sbus/esp@0,800000/sd@6,0:c   File and args:
 >> NetBSD/sparc Secondary Boot, Revision 1.12
 >> (autobuild@tgm.netbsd.org, Wed Feb 11 07:53:48 UTC 2004)
Booting netbsd
1359808+761892+128036=0x23557c
OBP version 2, revision 2.4 (plugin rev 2)

And then it just sits there, I've waited about 30 minutes, nada. It
won't respond to Stop+A, nor will numlock etc... toggle their status.

Is this a piece of supported hardware? Is it worth troubleshooting or
should I put it out in the trash? (Break my heart!)

There is very little info out there on the 'net.... Google just wants to
tell me about people selling(WTF?) these things.

Hoping somebody knows... I'm going to attempt loading the sun2 and sun3
NetBSD ports next...

Myke

PS: How do I emulate Stop+A from a serial console? I want my screen back
on my Ultra2!