Subject: Re: dual interface question
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Eduardo Horvath <eeh@NetBSD.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/21/2004 16:30:55
On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 09:43:30PM -0700, Greywolf wrote:

> I have a SS5 running 1.6ZE.  It has 2 interfaces, le0 and hme0.
>
> Regardless of the setting of the eeprom var "local-mac-address?"
> both interfaces have the same MAC address.  (In case you could not
> tell, this is not the desired effect in my case.)
>
> Is this a known problem at this particular point of the -current
> tree?

In order to make use of the "local-mac-address" property of the
firmware the driver needs to retrieve the value from the OBP node
associated with the device.  But there is no MI way of doing that
operation.  Since PCI devices, like HME, may be compiled for platforms
without OFW, like i386, the value of that property is not retrieved.

Eduardo