Subject: Re: build of 1.6 branch failed in miniroot
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/11/2004 01:08:20
[ On Friday, July 9, 2004 at 10:45:59 (-0700), Erik E. Fair wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: build of 1.6 branch failed in miniroot
>
> well, whether it should make the miniroot or not is beside the
> original point: making the miniroot is broken on the 1.6 release
> branch and should not be.

It does build for me -- or at least it cross-builds OK on i386 (and a
couple of weeks ago I did a successful sparc build on alpha too).  I
haven't done a native build though since well before 1.6.2 was tagged.

Now I know I've done a lot of hacking in other parts of my variant of
the netbsd-1-6 branch, but I don't think I've made any changes directly
related to the sparc miniroot construction and especialy none that
should affect nbmakefs.

Tomorrow I may get around to re-installing the release I cross-built
today on my test & build sparc machine in preparation for rebuilding
xsrc on it, and perhaps I can just run a full self-hosted build on it,
though that'll take quite a while (it's just an SS20 clone with SM71 and
some 288MB RAM, and unless I shuffle some disks around it'll have to
work entirely over 10baseT NFS too :-)

--
						Greg A. Woods