Subject: Weird console behaviour from miniroot
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Joachim Thiemann <thiemann@gel.usherbrooke.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/30/2004 12:53:07
Hello,

has anyone else noticed this strange behaviour on the 2.0_BETA miniroot for
sparc?  When booting off miniroot (from swap part.) 'tset' sets "erase" and
"kill" to a regular key - in 200405310000 build it was "g" and in
200406120000 it seems to be "n".  I saw this on both a SS4 and an IPX.

Needless to say it makes typing "ifconfig" difficult (I was trying to
transfer some files before installing). ("ifcfig" or "ifconf"..augh!)

Attempting to change the key will make tset dump core.  stty does work
though.

I find the miniroot to be a useful rescue/recovery tool, and now imagine if
"t" becomed the erase or kill character!  Typing stty or tset would be
completely impossible!

Joe.
--
http://www.gel.usherbrooke.ca/thiemann