Subject: Re: Netbooting NetBSD/sparc
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/28/2004 16:19:06
On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 07:23:55PM -0400, Sean Davis wrote:
> Erp, sorry, I was mistaken. I put in "sparcbook", not "sparcbook1".
> Typo on my part. So it appears the sun netboot stuff doesn't like an
> FQDN there?

older versions of dhcpd had buffer restrictions.  do a tcpdump and make
sure the reply isn't getting truncated.  I haven't seen this since 1.4.x
days, but you might have an old dhcpd...

  "someday the industry will have throbbing frontal lobes and will be able
  to write provably correct software.  also, I want a pony." -- Zach Brown