Subject: Re: Netbooting NetBSD/sparc
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Sean Davis <erplefoo@gmail.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/27/2004 19:11:15
On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 00:58:55 +0200, Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 06:57:24PM -0400, Sean Davis wrote:
> > I think I found the problem. "sparcbook1.endersgame.net" is too long -
> > I changed it to "sparcbook1", it got "sparcbook" from dhcp, but got
> > the root-path. it's installing now.
>
> Ouch - could you please tcpdump -vvvv with the broken version and see
> if this is a dhcpd or ofwboot issue and then file a PR?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Martin

I will definetly do that once I get these things up and running. In
the meantime, does anybody know what the equivalent of stop-a is on a
sparcbook? (read: how the hell do I get to openboot so I can install
over solaris? :P)

I guess I could pull the scsi drive so it can't find it to boot from
and then tell it to rescan...

--
Sean