Subject: Re: SPARCstation-5/170
To: Johan A . van Zanten <johan@giantfoo.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/23/2004 12:33:08
On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 10:15:37AM -0500, Johan A . van Zanten wrote:

>  I've been running NetBSD 1.5.x and 1.6.x on two different SPARC 5/170s
> for about 2 years with pretty much zero problems. I don't think i've ever
> seen one crash or panic due to hardware, excluding disk crashes.
>
> They get a lot of use; they're used as a public MX & DNS server, and my
> desktop (respectively).
>
>  -johan
>
> from dmesg:
>
> mainbus0 (root): SUNW,SPARCstation-5
> cpu0 at mainbus0DVMA coherent : MB86907 @ 170 MHz, on-chip FPU
>
> # uptime
> 11:13AM  up 212 days, 19:31, 1 user, load averages: 0.22, 0.12, 0.09

that's to everyone who responded.  this is exactly what i needed to know.
now i know i can run NetBSD on them.  of only there were supported FDDI cards
though, that would be perfect for what i need.  ah well, i've been wanting
that for a long time on NetBSD. ;)

-brian
--
"Performing a Google search on the fairly unique name you've chosen weeks
ago for a piece of software you're writing, only to discover that the