Subject: Re: SMP on HyperSparc
From: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.org.uk>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/16/2004 21:33:03
> >            I also beleive that the fixes required to get HyperSparc
> >SMP going were pulled up to the netbsd-2-0 release branch.
>
> Can someone confirm this, so we can put it in the 2.0 documentation?

Yep.  I tested the fixes on a 3 x 125 HS SS20 running the 2.0 branch.
They were pulled up in tickets 178 and 179:

	Pass LK_NOWAIT to vget() while holding the spechash spinlock in
	checkalias().  This fixes a locking procedures violation on MP
	kernels.
	[pk, ticket #178]

	Many fixes for issues with sparc multi-processor support (includes
	fixes to make HyperSPARC MP work).
	[pk, ticket #179]

(See src/doc/CHANGES-2.0 on the 2.0 branch.)

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/